Dual Battery Parallel Module – brought to you by Bicycle Motor Works
20-72v, 120 amps
Now you can safely run two battery packs in parallel. Double your current, double your range, double you fun!
Size of module: 63mm x 78mm x 25mm
If you don’t already know, without a protective circuit there are many dangers to using two battery packs in parallel in order to increase your range. This smart module eliminates those dangers, and it allows you to easily and safely combine two packs of the same nominal voltage.
When the packs are at the same voltage level, the module will draw equally from each pack to power your motor. If the packs are at different voltage levels, the module will draw on the higher voltage pack until the voltage levels become equal. At that point both packs will be combined to power your motor.
Use two battery packs of equal nominal voltage. You can combine two packs of different capacity (ie: 10ah + 15ah)
Maximum output current is 120 amps
Disconnect packs from module when charging. NEVER charge while battery packs are connected in parallel.
Bicycle Motor Works will not be held responsible for any damages or injury caused by use of product. You must read our Terms and Conditions, Store Policy
and Battery 101
before making any purchase from Bicycle Motor Works.
- Battery Use Warning:
- With all rechargeable batteries, please take great care when charging. Never, ever short out the battery in any way. Failure to safely use this battery can result in fire, explosions, destruction, loss of life, loss of marriage, bad burns and an upset stomach.
- Having too much empty air space actually acts as an insulator – trapping the heat inside the pack (think double-pane windows). Connections are made with solid Nickel strips, spot welder to each cell. Each cell and each series is tested before assembly. The BMS will prevent over charging and will balance the cells after a full charge. It basically makes your battery as safe and as efficient as possible.
- ONLY CHARGE THIS BATTERY IN A PLACE WHERE YOU WOULDN’T MIND STARTING A FIRE. NEVER LEAVE A CHARGING BATTERY HOME ALONE. Some people put their battery and charger in a BBQ grill with the lid on so that if anything bad happens it would be contained. There are also ammo-boxes and safe, metal boxes for charging battery packs. Basically, use your head.
- Charge this pack ONLY with the appropriate lithium ion charger. If you aren’t sure which charger you should use please co tact us to verify.
- Do not open or remove any part of this battery pack. Do not modify the pack in any way – including cutting wires, using connectors that are not compatible with the pack, hard-wiring the pack into a motor or controller, etc. ANY modification of this pack will void any and all warranty, either implied or expressed.
- If this pack is damaged or gets wet do not use it. Danger of fire or thermal runaway of cells can occur, and this can be a life threatening issue. Dispose of a damaged or wet pack immediately by contacting your local hazardous waste disposal office.